Monday 13 June 2011

Amazed.


So I just read a section of Chapter 1 of Crazy Love by francis Chan. wow.

Honestly I am speechless.


I have read this chapter many many times, however I do not think that I really understood, or really paid attention.


In this chapter, Francis Chan calls us to Stop Praying, and instead just be amazed at our God, our Creator.



He asks us to watch this video.




I genuinely was amazed and humbled. It is crazy to think that my Best friend could create this. Then I think of who my best friend is. God.

When I thought about it, the following thoughts came up.


God is the most creative person I know. He did not have to create so much beauty in this world, but he did. He did not have to create so many patterns on a butterfly's wings, but he did. The only thing I can do now is to Praise him. He is delicate and diverse. He placed the earth, our home for now, not too close but not too far from the sun, so that there could be life for his children. He tilted the earth at just the right axis for us to have day, and night. He decided that we would have beautiful, perfect, peaceful snow, just as another reminder of his awesome power. Did he have to? No. Why did he? Because he wants his children to have 'life in all it's fullness' and to inhabit a beautiful earth. I do not understand people who disbelieve his existence (een though, at one point, that was me.) because for me, I simply look at the stars and think of how amazing God is.




God could have created a boring, 'standard' world, but He chose to create a sophisticated, intricate world with every detail refined and highlighted, glorified in Him.

This chapter Inspired me to be silent in Gods prescence, as God calls us to 'be still and know that I Am.'


There is always so much we can be thankful for, and so much God can be saying to us. I am challenging myself to base my life around Prayer, glorifying God for his beautiful Creation that is Nature.



''The heavens decalre the glory of God, and the skies announce what his hands have made. Day after day they tell the story, Night after night they tell it again. They have no speech or words, they have no voice to be heard. But their message goes out through all the world; their words go everywhere on earth. The sky is like a home for the sun.'' Psalm 19:1-4


God bless. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment